Videos, and Games
Student seminar Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics (Summer 2018)
- The available topics will be presented at the introductory meeting on Tuesday April 24 at 14:15 in MA 874/875.
- The assignment of topics will be on Wednesday May 2 at 14:15 in MA 874/875.
This is a block seminar. Each student has to give a 45 minute talk at the end of the semester. Each student has to attend at least 10 talks.
- Spherical and hyperbolic conics [arxiv] (B,M)
- Smooth polyhedral surfaces [arxiv] (M), slides of talk "Smoothness concepts for polyhedral surfaces" (Pottmann, April 2018)
- A linear variational principle for Riemannian mappings and discrete conformality [arxiv] (M)
- Holomorphic quadratic differentials on graphs and the chromatic polynomial [arxiv] (B,M)
- The massive Laplacian on isoradial graphs [arxiv] (M)
- A reflectionless discrete perfectly matched layer [arxiv] (B,M)
- Optimal cone singularities for conformal flattening [pdf] (B,M)
- Discrete geodesic nets for modelling developable surfaces [arxiv] (B,M)
- Developable surface flow [pdf] (B,M)
- Variational surface cutting [pdf] (B,M)
- Shapes of polyhedra and triangulations of the sphere, article by Thurston [arxiv], notes by Schwartz [arxiv], 1-2 talks (B,M)
- Finite earthquakes and the associahedron [mathscinet], [pdf] (B,M)
- Geodesic and horocyclic flows, article by Shapira [pdf], introduction to hyperbolic surfaces by Labourie [pdf], 1-2 talks (B,M)
- An inequality for the volume of a tetrahedron [doi] (B)
Gauss' linking number revisited [pdf] (B)
Random triangles and polygons in the plane [arxiv] (B,M)
Bubble clusters in 2D  (M)
Assistant: Felix Knöppel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Previous semester: Winter 2017