Videos, and Games
Geometry I (Winter 2016 / 2017)
Non-euclidean geometry: projective, hyperbolic, Möbius.
This is a course of the Berlin Mathematical School
held in english or deutsch (depending on the audience).
notes for WS16/17 by Alexander Bobenko
- [2017, February 09]
The lecture notes for this semesters course are now available for
download from this page.
- [2017, January 25]
There will be 13 exercise sheets this semester
with a total number of 208 points.
- [2017, January 04]
No tutorials on January 05 and 06.
- [2017, January 02]
No office hour of Jan Techter on January 03.
- [2016, December 29]
Error on Exercise Sheet 5, Exercise 1 (i): $x$ has to replaced by
A corrected version of the Exercise Sheet is online now.
You may hand in Exercise 1 together with Exercise Sheet 6.
- [2016, October 07]
First lecture on Thursday, October 20.
First tutorials in the second week.
- exercise sheet 13, due February 09
- exercise sheet 12, due February 02
- exercise sheet 11, due January 26
- exercise sheet 10, due January 19
- exercise sheet 09, due January 12
- exercise sheet 08, due January 05
- exercise sheet 07, due December 15
- exercise sheet 06, due December 08
- exercise sheet 05, due December 01
- exercise sheet 04, due November 24
- exercise sheet 03, due November 17
- exercise sheet 02, due November 10
- exercise sheet 01, due November 03
To get a certificate for the tutorial, you need to satisfactorily complete 50% of the homework assignments.
The exercises are to be solved in groups of two people.
The homeworks are due weekly at the beginning of the lecture on Thurday.
Late homeworks are accepted only with medical excuse.
notes by Boris Springborn
Geometry I WS12 by Thilo Rörig
Nigel Hitchin's lecture notes on Projective Geometry.
- V. V. Prasolov & V. M. Tikhomirov. Geometry.
Translations of Mathematical Monographs, 200. American Mathematical
Society, Providence, RI, 2001.
- Felix Klein. Vorlesungen über höhere Geometrie.
Mathematischen Wissenschaften, 22. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1968.
- Wilhelm Blaschke. Projektive Geometrie.
Birkhäuser, Basel, 1954.
- Dmitry Fuchs & Serge Tabachnikov.
Omnibus: Thirty Lectures on Classic Mathematics. American
Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2007.
- Marcel Berger. Geometry. I & II.
Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987.
- Michèle Audin. Geometry.
Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2003.
- H. S. M. Coxeter. Non-Euclidean Geometry.
Mathematical Association of
America, Washington, DC, 1998.
- J. W. Cannon, W. J. Floyd, R. Kenyon, R. Parry. Hyperbolic
S. Levy (editor). Flavors of Geometry. Mathematical
Institute Publications 31. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge,
1997. Pages 59-115. Download
PDF from the MSRI.
D. V. Alekseevskij, E. B. Vinberg, A. S. Solodovnikov. Geometry of spaces of
constant curvature. In: E. B. Vinberg (editor). Geometry II.
Encyclopedia of Mathematical Sciences 29. Springer, Berlin,
1993. Pages 1-138.
(This list is not ordered according to any relevant criteria.)