Videos, and Games
This is a basic course of the
Berlin Mathematical School
and will be held in English. Depending on the audience one of the tutorials may
be held in German.
Introduction to projective, spherical, hyperbolic, Möbius and Lie geometry.
- [2017, October 13]
First lecture on Wednesday, October 18.
First tutorials on Wednesday, October 25.
To get a certificate for the tutorial, you need to satisfactorily complete 60% of the homework assignments.
The exercises are to be handed in in groups of two people.
Depending on the number of students it might be possible to form groups of three.
The homework is due weekly during the tutorials on Wednesday.
- Springborn, lecture
notes from the 2007 version of this course at TU Berlin
- Bobenko, lecture
notes (projective geometry) from the 2016 version of this course at TU Berlin
- Euclid, Elements:
online with java or
Greek beside English text
- Prasolov & Tikhomirov, Geometry, TMM 200, Amer. Math. Soc.
- Hitchin, lecture notes on Projective Geometry: Chapters
- Fuchs & Tabachnikov,
- Klein, Vorlesungen über höhere Geometrie, GMW 22, Springer
- Blaschke, Projektive Geometrie, Birkhäuser
- Berger, Geometry I & II, Springer
- Audin, Geometry, Springer
- Coxeter, Non-Euclidean Geometry, Math. Assoc. Amer.
- Cannon, Floyd, Kenyon & Parry,
Hyperbolic Geometry, from Flavors of Geometry, MSRI
- Martin, The Foundations of Geometry and the Non-Euclidean Plane, UTM, Springer
- Henderson, Experiencing Geometry, Prentice Hall