Mathematical Signal and Image Processing (MSIP)
Before the holiday season starts, we would like to inform you about our annual meeting and the GAMM meeting in 2013, the upcoming elections, and - as usual - the latest job and workshop advertisements. Before doing so, let me say that we are very excited to be able to already report several successes with our job forum.
Our Annual Meeting 2013
The location of our next annual meeting is now decided upon. It will take place in the beautiful Kurhaus Trifels (see www.kurhaus-trifels.de) in Annweiler from September 30 to October 2, 2013. One highlight will be the plenary talks by
- Christine de Mol (Brüssel)
- Jan Modersitzky (Lübeck)
- Christoph Schnörr (Heidelberg)
We will notify you once registration for this event is open.
GAMM Conference 2013We would like to encourage you to attend the GAMM Conference 2013, which takes place in Novi Sad, Serbia from March 18th to March 22th, 2013. Some particular highlights of this conferences are the following:
- Our Section "Mathematical Signal and Image Processing" organized by Otmar Scherzer (Wien) and Gitta Kutyniok (Berlin). For submission of contributed talks, please visit the website gamm2013.cats-host.com/cms. The deadline is December 17, 2013.
- Young Researchers Minisymposium "Compressed Sensing and Applications" organized by Felix Krahmer (Göttingen) and Rayan Saab (Durham). If you plan to attend, please note that the registration fee is significantly reduced for GAMM members. If you then decide to join, please just mention two of us as "Fürsprecher".
ElectionsFollowing the opinion of some members of our activity group,
- Gitta Kutyniok (Berlin)
New Job OpeningsBerlin Mathematical School - Postdoctoral Fellow
We are currently inviting applications for a postdoctoral fellow in the Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) from 1 October 2013. The BMS , is a joint graduate school of the mathematics departments of the three major Berlin universities, TU Berlin, FU Berlin, and HU Berlin funded by the German Excellence Initiative. The application period will end on 15 December 2012. For more details, we refer to
New GAMM Workshops and Conferences
- Joint GAMM ANLA-MSIP Workshop on "Matrix Computations for Sparse Recovery", TU Berlin 9.4.-11.4.2014
- GAMM Annual Meeting 2014 in Erlangen, Germany (10.3.-14.3.2014)
New Workshops and Conferences
- SIAM Conference on Imaging Science 2014 in Hong Kong (12.5.-14.5.2014)
Finally, if you have any suggestions or comments, we would be very happy if you could let us know.
We wish you a peaceful Advent Season, Merry Christmas, and all the best for the New Year!
With best regards,
Gitta Kutyniok, Gerlind Plonka, and Gabriele Steidl