Wavelet and Tensor Methods for Partial Differential Equations
The goal of this conference is to bring together experts from the fields of wavelet approximation methods, low-rank tensor techniques, nonlinear approximation, and from quantum chemistry to exchange the most recent results and foster understanding and collaboration on the broad intersection of these fields.
The conference is dedicated to Reinhold Schneider on the occasion of his 60th birthday. Reinhold Schneider is a leading expert in adaptive and hierarchical methods for the solution of high dimensional PDEs and in particular for wavelet, sparse grid and tensor product approximation.
The conference will feature a list of internationally highly renowned experts, who have a connection to Reinhold Schneiders research in the fields of wavelets and tensor approximation. The conference will take place from May 3-5, 2017, at TU Berlin.
The conference is organised by Helmut Harbrecht, Gitta Kutyniok, Philipp Petersen, and André Uschmajew..
3-5 May 2017||
Strasse des 17. Juni 135
Conference Room: H 3005
- Eric Cances (École des Ponts ParisTech)
- Huajie Chen (University of Warwick)
- Wolfgang Dahmen (RWTH Aachen)
- Thierry Deutsch (INAC CEA, Grenoble)
- Roland Duduchava (Andrea Razmadze Mathematical Institute)
- Heinz-Jürgen Flad (TU München)
- Luigi Genovese (INAC CEA, Grenoble)
- Wolfgang Hackbusch (MPI Leipzig)
- Boris Khoromskij (MPI Leipzig)
- Venera Khoromskaia (MPI Leipzig)
- Örs Legeza (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Christian Lubich (Universität Tübingen)
- Volker Mehrmann (TU Berlin)
- Sergey Pereverzev (RICAM Linz)
- Holger Rauhut (RWTH Aachen)
- Christoph Schwab (ETH Zürich)
- Harry Yserentant (TU Berlin)
- Aihui Zhou (Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing)