(LV-Nr. 3236 L 298 / 299)
- (09.03.2011) The second date for the oral exam has been fixed to Thursday, April 14th. For
appointments please contact Prof. Scheutzow.
- (27.01.2011) There will be two dates for the oral examination.
Then first is February 23rd,
the second will be in the week of
April 11th-15th (the exact date will be announced on this
website as soon as it has been fixed). If you want to take the exam you must do this on one of the two offered
occasions - there will be no further dates.
- (17.01.2011) The lecture notes
have been extended to include a
chapter on Gaussian processes. It is, however, a preliminary version,
so it might still contain some mistakes!
- (07.01.2011) The total number of assignments for this semester is
- (06.12.2010) Attention! There is a new
version of the lecture
- (29.11.2010) The simple random walk in problem 2, assignment 6 is
the symmetric simple random
- (25.11.2010) To better suit your needs Maite's office hour has
been split into two parts.
- (24.11.2010) The correct version of problem 2 on assignment 5 is
online now. Since this is on a very short notice, you are allowed to
hand in this problem next week.
- (22.11.2010) Unfortunately there was again a typo in the 1st
exercise on the 5th assignment. The correct pdf is online now.
- (18.11.2010) Attention! The lecture notes by Prof. Dr. Scheutzow
have been extended to include the topics "card shuffling", "Markov
chain mixing times", "reversible Markov chains" and "perfect
simulations". The new version (in German) is available here.
- (05.11.2010) There were two typos on the last problem-sheet
(assignment 3) in problems 3 and 4!! The corrected version is now
- (03.11.2010) Maite's office hour will exceptionally be moved from
Monday 08.11.2010 10h-12h to Tuesday 09.11.2010 16h-18h (also in room
- (25.10.2010) Maite's office hour is fixed now. This week though,
you can come on Tuesday 26.10., 17h-18h, and Wednesday 27.10., 16h-17h
to the MA 745.
- (21.10.2010) The first problem sheet is available: The
distribution of points has changed!
- (08.10.2010) Lectures start on Monday, October 18th, tutorials
in the same week on Thursday, October 21st.
- (08.10.2010) The information given on this website can also be
found on this information-sheet . (Up to
now only on German.)
Dr. M. Scheutzow
|ms "at" math.tu-berlin.de
| M. Wilke Berenguer
|Monday 10h15-11h15 in room MA 752
and 18h-19h in room MA 784
|wilkeber "at" math.tu-berlin.de
A new problem-sheet will be found here every week. This is to be
handed in in fixed groups of two students every Thursday of the
following week before the beginning of the tutorial.
Assignment 3 (corrected
There will be a total number of 14
assignments, i.e. to be admitted to the exam you must achieve a score
of at least 140.
Assignment 5 (recorrected version)
The examination will presumably take place at
the end of the
semester in the form of an oral exam. To take it you will have to have
achieved a score of at least 50% on your homework.
There are lecture
notes by Prof. Dr.
Scheutzow accompanying this
class. In addition, you might want to take a look at the
by Prof. Dr. König on "Stochastic Processes" as they cover
range of topics.