Videos, and Games
Differential Geometry I
Kurven und Flächen (Sommer 2016)
||Prof. Ulrich Pinkall
||Wai Yeung Lam
The first exercise class is on 27 April.
One can sumbit Assigment 3 via email or leave it to MA810. (Due time: 3pm 17 May)
There are no tutorials and offices hours on 1 June and 2 June.
For assigments, those without partners please send me (the tutor) an email so that I can pair you up.
Here are notes on conformal maps: link 1, link 2, link 3.
There is no lecture on 17 June.
There will be 11 assigments in total.
There are no tutorials and office hours on 30 June, 6-7, 13 July.
Lectures and tutorials for the last week of the semsester will be held as usual.
The lecture on 18 July takes plance in MA316.
Here is a handwritten script in German from 2007 which covers minimal surfaces.
- The tutorial on 20.7 (Wed) takes place in MA742 and the one on 21.7 (Thu) is in MA648.
- The lecture on 22.7 (Fri) takes place in MA316.
Differential geometry of curves and surfaces: local and global theory of smooth curves and surfaces in euclidean three-space; special classes of surfaces.
There is a homework assignment every week. Please hand it in by a group of two students. To get an Übungsschein for the oral exam, you need to get at least 50% of the total score. Assignments will be collected at the beginning of Monday lectures.
- Assignment 1, due 2 May
- Assignment 2, due 9 May
- Assignment 3, due 17 May
- Assignment 4 (corrected), due 23 May
- Assignment 5, due 30 May
- Assignment 6, due 6 June
- Assignment 7, due 13 June
- Assignment 8 (corrected), due 20 June
- Assignment 9, due 27 June
- Assignment 10, due 4 July
- Assignment 11, due 11 July
- Blaschke & Leichtweiß. Elementare
- Do Carmo. Differential Geometry of Curves and
- Hilbert & Cohn-Vossen. Anschauliche
- Hopf. Differential Geometry in the Large
- Kühnel. Differentialgeometrie
- McCleary. Geometry from a Differentiable Viewpoint
- Montiel & Ros. Curves and Surfaces
- Struik. Lectures on Classical Differential Geometry
There are lecture notes in German from 2005 and revised notes about curves.