Videos, and Games
As a compensation of the cancellation of this weeks tutorials Hanka has summed up their contents into a 3-page pdf, available here. The summary contains a few simple questions and should help you with the homework due next week. Happy reading! (and many appologies in advance for the possible typos :))
There will be no tutorials on 14.11. and 15.11. due to illness.
Hanka's consultation hour today must unfortunately be cancelled due to illness.
This is a BMS course and will be held in English. One of the tutorials will be held in German, and the
homework sheets can be handed in in German as well.
Here is a growing set of lecture notes. Updated versions will be posted at irregular intervals.
Schein - The homework certificate
- In order to obtain the homework certificate you must collect at least 60%
of the points from the homework sheets.
- You are to hand in the homework sheets in groups of three on Wednesday
before the lecture. Your hand-ins have to be STAPLED TOGETHER and
contain names and matriculation numbers of all members of the group. We
strongly reccommend you to hand in the homework in readable writing, since
unreadable writing will not be corrected ;)
- Your work should be ordered in ascending order of the exercises!
- The hand-in date will be specified on each homework sheet.
You can also hand the homework in earlier in Hanka's office.
- You can use any language of you like writing up the homework sheets, provided that Hanka understands it :)
This course will be examined by a 90 minute written exam (Klausur) on Monday, 25 Feb 2019, at 14:00 in Room MA 001.
The second examination date (Nachklausur) is Monday, 01 Apr 2019, at 15:00 in Room MA 001.
- Springborn, old lecture notes from the 2007 version of this course at TU Berlin
- Euclid, Elements:
online with java or
Greek beside English text
- Prasolov & Tikhomirov, Geometry, TMM 200, Amer. Math. Soc.
- Hitchin, lecture notes on Projective Geometry: Chapters
- Fuchs & Tabachnikov,
- Klein, Vorlesungen über höhere Geometrie, GMW 22, Springer
- Blaschke, Projektive Geometrie, Birkhäuser
- Berger, Geometry I & II, Springer
- Audin, Geometry, Springer
- Coxeter, Non-Euclidean Geometry, Math. Assoc. Amer.
- Cannon, Floyd, Kenyon & Parry,
Hyperbolic Geometry, from Flavors of Geometry, MSRI
- Martin, The Foundations of Geometry and the Non-Euclidean Plane, UTM, Springer
- Henderson, Experiencing Geometry, Prentice Hall