We hope that you all had an enjoyable summer break. In this newsletter, we will inform you about the following topics:
- Annual GAMM Meeting 2017
- Nominations for Annual GAMM Meeting 2018
1.) Annual GAMM Meeting 2017
The Annual GAMM Meeting 2017 will take place in Ilmenau and Weimar from March 6-10, 2017. There will again be an exciting program in our research areas, and members of our activity group will organize the following sessions:
- S21: Mathematical image processing Organizers: Gabriele Steidl (Kaiserslautern) and Jan Lellmann (Lübeck)
- MS4: Nonlinear approximations for high-dimensional problems Organizers: Markus Bachmayr (Paris) and Ivan Oseledets (Skolkovo, Russia)
- YR3: Local and nonlocal methods for processing manifolds and point cloud data Organizers: Ronny Bergmann (Kasierslautern) and Daniel Tenbrinck (Münster)
The deadline for abstract submission for this event is December 20, 2016. For more information, please consult http://jahrestagung.gamm-ev.de/.
2.) Nominations for Annual GAMM Meeting 2018
This meeting will take place in München in March 2018. As usual, we will have the opportunity to suggest
- Plenary Speakers
- Topics and Organizers of Minisymposia
- Topics and Organizers of Young Researcher Minisymposia
- Organizers of our own section
We would like to encourage you to take this opportunity and send us suggestions by November 30, 2016.
Finally, if you have any suggestions or comments, we would be very happy if you could let us know.
With best regards,
Martin Burger and Gitta Kutyniok