The IRTG seminar is the regular seminar where PhD students are offered the chance to present the latest development of their research. To see the details of the program for this semester, follow this link: Program winter 2010. The IRTG seminar is alternating with the Berliner Kolloquium Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie.
Mini courses and special lectures
During the semester several mini courses are organised in Berlin and Potsdam that offer an overview over a specific topic at a postgraduate level. Moreover, there are many special lectures of visiting researchers. For the details, see the mini course program summer 2010. For further announcements of lectures check the Berlin-Potsdam Mathematik Kalender.
Follow this link to see upcoming PhD defenses and also to see who completed their PhDs recently.
The universities in Berlin and Potsdam offer several lectures that are also interesting for PhD students. In order to see what is on offer, follow the link to the Course program winter 2010/11. To see what has been offered in previous semesters, visit the lecture archive.
- Berliner Kolloquium Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie / IRTG Seminar
The colloquium is the main seminar in probability theory in Berlin and is organised alternatingly by the stochastics group of HU Berlin, TU Berlin and WIAS.
- Stochastische Analysis und Stochastik der Finanzmärkte
- Mathematical Statistics
- Stochastic processes in physics and biology (Blath, Gärtner, König, Kurt), Mondays, 18:00, IRTG Lounge.
- BMS Fridays
- Diplomanden und Doktorandenseminar HU (Hein)
Upcoming conferences in Berlin
- 9 July 2010: Berlin Leipzig seminar on "Analysis and Probability Theory", TU Berlin.
- 27-30 September 2010: Workshop on Advanced Mathematical Methods for Finance, Berlin.
- 14 - 16 October 2010: Workshop on "Probabilistic Techniques in Statistical Mechanics", in celebration of Erwin Bolthausen's 65th birthday, TU Berlin.
- 24-26 February 2011: IMPACT-Workshop in honour of Peter Imkeller's 60th birthday.