Videos, and Games
Student seminar Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics (Winter 2018)
- The available topics will be presented at the introductory meeting on Tuesday November 6 at 14:15 in MA 874/875.
- The assignment of topics will be on Tuesday November 13 at 14:15 in MA 874/875.
- Please send a mail with your name, student id and topic to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a block seminar. Each student has to give a 45 minute talk at the end of the semester.
- Physical simulation of environmentally induced thin shell deformation [project site] (B,M)
- Fast winding numbers for soups and clouds [pdf] (B,M)
- Canonical Möbius subdivision [pdf] (B,M)
- Regular meshes from polygonal patterns [pdf] (B,M)
- Variational surface cutting [pdf] (B,M) ￩ Julian Marx
- 12 spheres problem [arxiv] (M) ￩ Nilay Züleya
- Heron's formula as scissors congruence in 4D [arxiv] (B) ￩ Julia Kozubek
- Expected total curvature of random polygons (in R3) [arxiv] (B,M) ￩ Robin Martin
- Tantrix of knots and bridge number [arxiv] (B,M) Nina Smeenk
- Distance and intersection number in the curve graph of a surface [arxiv] (B,M) ￩ Julian Meyer
- Time discretization of Lie-Poisson systems ￩ Arbi Moses Badlyan
- Algebraic entropy of birational maps with invariant curves [arxiv] (B,M)
- Algebraic entropy [arxiv] (B,M) ￩ Dario Cavallaro
- Generalized Manin transformations [arxiv] (B,M)
- Pentagrams, inscribed polygons, and Prym varieties [arxiv]
- Configurations of skew lines [arxiv] (B,M) ￩ The Anh Le
- Rigidity of the hexagonal Delaunay triangulated plane [arxiv] (B,M) ￩ Luise Benke
- Spherical geometry and integrable systems [arxiv] (B,M)
- Mahler measure and volume in hyperbolic space [arxiv]
- Computing discrete harmonic maps (1-2 talks) [arxiv]
- Embedding Sn into Rn+1 with given integral Gauss curvature and optimal mass transport on Sn [arxiv] ￩ Nick?
- Quadrics and conics in the sphere and hyperbolic space (1-2 talks) [arxiv] (B) ￩ Yago Duppel
- Deformable quadrileteral surfcaces [arxiv] (M)
Assistant: Felix Knöppel (email@example.com)
Previous semester: Summer 2018