Videos, and Games
Student seminar Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics (Winter 2017)
- The introductory meeting will take place on Tuesday October 24 at 14:00 in MA 874/875.
- The assignment of topics will be on Monday October 30 at 16:00 in MA 874/875.
- Please send a mail with your name and topic to knoeppel[at]math.
This is a block seminar. Each student has to give a 45 minute talk at the end of the semester. Further each student has to attend at least 10 talks.
Monday, 5 February
|Felix Reith||Introducing symplectic billiards||12:00|
|Lavinia Stollfuß||The limit point of the pentagram map||13:00|
|Josef Pelz||Statistics and kinematics of frameworks in Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry||14:00|
|Nina Smeenk||Statistics and kinematics of frameworks in Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry||15:00|
Thursday, 8 February
|Aikaterina Grylli||Lexell's theorem||10:00|
|Rebecca Hilt||Distances in domino flip graphs||11:00|
|Nicholas Felten||Rhombic embeddings of planar quad-graphs||12:00|
|Laura Schumacher||Rational approximation of irrational complex numbers||13:00|
Friday, 9 February
|Noyan Alper Ugur||Acute Sets||11:00|
|Martin Hanik||Visualizing Interstellar's wormhole||12:00|
Monday, 12 February
|Carl Lutz||Hyperbolic lines and circles||12:00|
|Alexander Fairley||Touching conics||13:00|
All talks will take place at MA 874/875, all times s.t.
- Hyperbolic lines and circles [arxiv] (M) ￩ Carl Lutz
- Massive Laplace operators [arxiv] (M)
- A Dirac operator for extrinsic shape analysis [pdf] ￩ Kai Henning
- Branches of triangulated origami near the flat state [arxiv] (M)
- Discrete geodesic nets for modeling developable surfaces [arxiv]
- Visualizing Interstellar's wormhole [arxiv] (M) ￩ Martin Hanik
- Lexell's theorem [article] "and references therein" ￩ Aikaterina Grylli
- Distances in domino flip graphs [article] (M) ￩ Rebecca Hilt
- Rhombic embeddings of planar quad-graphs [article] (M) ￩ Nicolas Felten
- Rational approximation of irrational complex numbers[article](M) ￩ Laura Schumacher
some background: [article] [arXiv]
- Acute sets [arxiv] (M) ￩ Noyan Alper Ugur
- Gauss' linking number revisited [pdf]
- Random triangles and polygons in the plane [arxiv] (M) ￩ Dennis Choy
- The 12 spheres problem [arxiv] (M) ￩ Janna Golze
- Introducing symplectic billiards [arxiv] (M) ￩ Felix Reith
- The limit point of the pentagram map [arxiv] ￩ Lavinia Stollfuß
- Statics and kinematics of frameworks in Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry [arxiv] (M) ￩ Nina Smeenk, Josef Pelz
- Periodicity and integrability for the cube recurrence [arxiv] (M)
All topics are suitable for a bachelor's thesis. Topics suitable for a master's thesis are marked with (M).
Assistant: Felix Knöppel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Previous semester: Summer 2017