Videos, and Games
Differential Geometry II (Winter 17)
– Analysis and geometry on manifolds –
This course is a BMS basic course and the lectures will be in English. Please feel free to ask any questions (and to turn in any work) in English or German.
- The certificates can be picked up at Beate Niessen's office MA 318.
- There are no lectures on January 29/30. Homework can be handed in during the 29th at MA 882 or at the office MA 873
- The lecture on Tueday 17 October and the tutorial on Thursday 19 October both will take place at MA 144
Differentiable manifolds, vector bundles, differential forms, Riemannian geometry.
- Exercise sheet 1, due 30 October
- Exercise sheet 2, due 6 November
- Exercise sheet 3, due 13 November
- Exercise sheet 4, due 20 November
- Exercise sheet 5, due 27 November
- Exercise sheet 6, due 4 December
- Exercise sheet 7, due 11 December
- Exercise sheet 8, due 18 December
- Exercise sheet 9, due 8 January
- Exercise sheet 10, due 15 January
- Exercise sheet 11, due 22 January
- Exercise sheet 12, due 29 January
- Exercise sheet 13, due 5 February
Homework should be turned in by groups of two students. To get a certificate for the tutorial and qualify to take the oral exam at the end of the semester, you need to satisfactorily complete 50% of the homework assignments.
If you find mistakes or you have some comments please send an email to Felix.
- Burstall, Basic Riemannian geometry in Spectral Theory and Geometry, L.M.S. Lect. Note Series 273, C.U.P. (1999), pages 1-29, [pdf]
- Petersen, Manifold theory, [essay]
- Warner, Foundations of Differentiable Manifolds and Lie Groups, GTM 94, Springer
- Milnor, Topology from the Differentiable Viewpoint, U P Virginia
Further excellent notes on differential geometry can be found on Werner Ballmann's homepage.
||Prof. Ulrich Pinkall
||by appointment||MA 822
||by appointment||MA 882
||Tue-Thu 9.30-11.30||MA 318